As the hub of student life and well-being, the Division of Student Affairs collectively creates and offers transformative student-focused opportunities and communities for every student — undergraduate, graduate and professional. Led by Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students Soncia Reagins-Lilly, the team inspires students to live the Longhorn life through the Division’s uniquely-designed programs, spaces and resources.
The Division’s seven departments and 56 units challenge every student to reach their life and academic goals through an enriched, rewarding and fun college experience. With a foundation of belonging and well-being at its core, the Division’s work is powered by specialized teams in business services, human resources, information technology services, assessment, administration, communications and development.
The Counseling and Mental Health Center serve all students by providing high quality, innovative and culturally informed mental health programs and services that enhance and support students’ well-being, and academic and life goals.
New Student Services coordinates programming and initiatives for all students year-round to ensure they transition both academically and socially to the University. This includes New Student Orientation and Family Orientation, transition initiatives, first-generation student resources, and autism and neurodiversity outreach and support.
Dean of Students staff empower Longhorns through leadership development opportunities, engaging programs and events, support for close to 900 student organizations, as well as specialized services. These services include student conduct, an attorney for students, emergency support, veteran/military affiliated services, hazing prevention and more.
Recreational Sports advances the well-being of Longhorns by providing education through recreation. The department does this through its recreation facilities, programs, services and special events, as well as student employment and leadership development opportunities.
Texas Parents serves all students’ families who need assistance navigating University resources. All parents and families of enrolled undergraduate students are members of the Texas Parents Association, the University’s official association for parents. Membership provides benefits to support and promote student success from enrollment through graduation.
University Health Services provides healthcare and public health leadership to support students in reaching their optimal health so they can achieve their academic and personal potential.
University Unions is at the heart of campus life, enhancing the student experience through unique and multi-faceted facilities, programs and services. The Unions provides an array of educational leadership and development opportunities; comfortable places to study and relax; fun and enriching events; and a wide selection of food options.
- 24/7 Nurse Advice Line
- Alienware Longhorn Esports Lounge
- Allergy, Immunization and Travel Health
- Bevo Buddy!
- Cactus Café
- Campus Events + Entertainment
- Case Management
- Center for Students in Recovery
- Counselors in Academic Residence (CARE)
- Crisis Services
- Diversity Counseling and Outreach Specialists
- Family Orientation
- First-Generation Living Learning Community
- Fitness + Wellness
- Food Courts and Food Trucks
- General Medicine
- Groups and Workshops
- Gynecology Clinic
- Hogg Memorial Auditorium
- Horns Helping Horns
- Individual and Specialty Counseling
- Informal Recreation
- Instructional Programs
- Integrated Health
- Intramural Sports
- Laboratory, Radiology and Ultrasound
- Legal Services for Students
- Longhorn TIES (Transition, Illuminate, Empower, Success) Neurodivergent Support
- Longhorn Welcome
- Longhorn Wellness Center (Health Promotion/Prevention)
- Membership and Guest Services
- Mental Health Assistance and Response Team (MHART)
- New Student Orientation
- Nutrition Services
- Off-Campus Living Resources
- Outdoor Recreation
- Physical Therapy
- Psychiatric Services
- RISE (Reflect, Inspire, Surpass, Emerge) Summit
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Testing and Treatment
- Sorority and Fraternity Life
- Sport Clubs
- Sports Medicine
- Student Activities
- Student Conduct and Academic Integrity
- Student Emergency Services
- Student Engagement, Partnerships and Programming
- Student Governance Organizations
- Student Services Building
- Texas Leadership Education and Development
- Texas Union
- Texas Union Underground
- Urgent Care
- Veteran and Military Affiliated Services
- William C. Powers, Jr. Student Activity Center
Learn about the reporting process, support services available and your options.
Find out how our students are Living the Longhorn Life®: You are here, You do you, You change the world, and how you can join us to Make It Your Texas! Subscribe to our podcast on Spotify, Apple and Google podcasts.